The toolkit is a set of practical, web-based tools. It offers tangible steps to equip NGOs to hold their governments accountable for the safety of all road users by reducing road deaths and injuries by 50% by 2030, in alignment with the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety 2021-2030 (Global Plan). Using the toolkit, civil society advocates can:
- Assess what your government is doing or not doing using the ACCOUNTABILITY CHECKLIST;
- Prioritize specific interventions proven to reduce road deaths and injuries using the PRIORITY INTERVENTIONS;
- Define what you want your government to do using the GOVERNMENT TO-DO LIST;
- Build your case using the NGO TALKING POINTS, which consolidate research and case studies from around the world, to meet and influence your officials;
- Track your government's progress in response to your asks using the ADVOCACY AND ACCOUNTABILITY TRACKER.