The Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals (CARSP) Young Professionals’ Committee is hosting and sponsoring a student poster competition. Students are invited to submit poster abstracts online for a chance to display a poster at the 2024 CARSP Conference. Posters can be on any road safety topic. We are accepting both English and French Submissions. Applicants, including post-docs, must be registered at a Canadian university or college. Authors of the top three posters will receive the following cash awards:
- $500 for first place
- $300 for second place
- $200 for third place
Authors are required to present their posters in person at the conference to receive their award. Plus, the top 3 poster abstracts with the highest scores will also receive complimentary day registration (reimbursed after the conference).
|November 29, 2023||Abstract Deadline.|
|January 31, 2024||Accepted posters are announced.|
|June 16-19, 2024||Posters are judged sometime during the conference. Authors must be present.|
Abstracts for posters must be no longer than 1000 words and must include the following author/contact information and study information:
- Purpose/Rationale: What is the major reason for doing this study?
- Objectives: Define objectives for the study
- Relevance: How does this study relate to road safety challenges in Canada?
- Methods and Materials: What methods were used to collect the data? What materials were included within this methodology?
- Analysis: Describe the type(s) of analyses used to interpret data.
- Results/Preliminary Results/Hypothesis: Briefly summarize the data derived from analyses.
- Conclusions: What can be concluded that is important to road safety issues or policy in Canada?
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
For abstract submissions, the student must be the lead author of the work, but there may be multiple authors. Poster abstracts must include original work, which is either completed or ‘in progress.’ Abstracts for studies that are ‘in progress’ should include preliminary or interim findings.
NEW THIS YEAR – Students are required to submit their poster abstract through the general call for abstracts (deadlines posted above) and indicate that it is a poster submission.
If you have any questions, please contact Davesh Sharma at firstname.lastname@example.org.