The Road Safety at Work Website has many road safety-related tools & resources. Road Safety at Work is a a joint initiative funded largely by WorkSafeBC, ICBC, and the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure. The Road Safety at Work website provides updated information on several topics. A brief summary of the topics are provided below.
- Why road safety matters: Driving may be the most hazardous thing employees do on the job. Vehicle crashes are the leading cause of traumatic work-related death in BC. Yet nearly all crashes can be prevented. Employers have a legal and moral responsibility to help ensure employee safety.
- Your road safety plan: If your employees drive full time, part time or only occasionally for work, your health and safety program needs to include measures to ensure their safety when they are behind the wheel. Using our resources, you can build a road safety plan to achieve those goals.
- Training and Events
- Tools and Resources
Please note that the information presented in this page only applies to the province of British Columbia. Rules for other Canadian provinces may differ from the rules in British Columbia.
Driving for work
Hazards & risk assessment
Journey management & trip planning
- You Have Responsibilities
- WorkSafeBC’s Road Safety Requirements: A Guide for Employers and Supervisors Online Course
- Supervising Employees Who Drive for Work Online Course
- Employer’s Occupational Road Safety Responsibilities Guide
- Supervisor’s Occupational Road Safety Responsibilities Guide
- More info
Policies & procedures